John D. Sudduth Post 72
We meet at the American Legion Hall
next to the Warrenton Horse Arena on East Shirley Avenue in Warrenton, Virginia.
345 Legion Drive Warrenton, VA. 20186; Phone number (540) 347-7740 Fax (540) 347-2645.
Eligibility Requirements for American Legion Membership
If you are currently on active duty, serving the United States honorably, anywhere in the world, or have served honorably during any of the following eligible war eras, we invite you to become a member of The American Legion.
- April 6, 1917 to Nov. 11, 1918 (World War I)
- Dec. 7, 1941 to Dec. 31, 1946 (World War II)
- June 25, 1950 to Jan. 31, 1955 (Korean War)
- Feb. 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War)
- Aug. 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984 (Lebanon / Grenada)
- Dec. 20, 1989 to Jan. 31, 1990 (Panama)
- Aug. 2, 1990 to today (Gulf War / War On Terrorism)
- Meetings 7:30pm Second Tuesday each month at Legion Hall.
Subscribe to Post 72 News Letter
Sons of the American Legion
Are you a male descendant, including stepsons and adopted sons, of a veteran eligible for membership in The American Legion? Meetings 7:00pm First Tuesday each month at Legion Hall.
Auxiliary of the American Legion
Are you a mother, wife, daughter, sister, granddaughter,
great-granddaughter, or grandmother of a member of The
American Legion, or deceased veteran who served in the U.S.
Armed Forces during the listed war eras?
Meetings usually at 2:30pm Second Sunday each month at Legion Hall.
American Legion Riders Eligibility
- Members must hold membership in and be in good standing with The American Legion, American Legion Auxiliary or Sons of The American Legion.
- Members must be legally registered motorcycle owners or be the legally registered owner's spouse within the state of registration.
- All operators must be properly licensed and insured per state laws.
- All members must obey motor-vehicle laws in the state in which they are operating a motorcycle or riding as a passenger.
- Associate Member are not required to own a motorcycle.
- ALR Facebook Page — You will be asked to log into Facebook.
- Meetings at 7:00pm First Wednesday each month at Legion Hall.
Post 72 Social Quarters Hours of Operation
(Hours are subject to change to permit more coverage please check often)
- 11:00am to 8:00pm — Spaghetti Night
- 11:00am to 10:00pm — Steak & Sea Food Night
- 11:00am to 10:00pm — See calendar
- 9:00am to 2pm Breakfast, $6 all you can eat, Open to all.
We also have a very large selection Bar Menu, available anytime.
Social Quarters is open to Members and their Guest.
Thinking of becoming a member, please come in and talk to us anytime!
We have a Hall Room upstairs available for rental to members and the public for events. Please call (540) 347-7740 to schedule.
Any changes, corrections, or complaints should be emailed to
noting “Web Updates” in the subject. Thank you!
- Wikipedia American Legion Article
- American Legion 16th District of Virginia
- American Legion Department of Virginia
- American Legion National Headquarters
- American Legion Post Locator
- Officer’s Guide and Table of contents
Updated 6 May 2013
© Copyright 2012 American Legion John D. Sudduth Post 72